Brothers in arms



I think, nothing may describe better The Ukrainian - Russian conflict than Dire Strait's "Brothers In Arms" Song.
During my last trip to Kyiv, in the train, I met three young Ukrainian Soldiers.
They were so young, even kids ...
So happy ... So full of life!
They were returning from front to their homes for a short rest I guess.
A few miles to their beloved ones ...
A few miles to their families ...
A few miles to happiness ...
Cell phones on their hands ...
I still can't understand Russian, but by observing their attitudes, I can tell that they were talking with their girlfriends.
They were drunk.
The old, serious conductor woman, was frequently coming to check them and was speaking with a very serious and authoritarian voice tone.
I think she was concerned about their attitudes.
They couldn't speak English. But with my non-existent Russian, later, I understood that they fought with police officers in train station :)
I understood why conductor was concerned :)
We started by exchanging cigarettes and fire, on the small section at the end of wagon.
I was really impessed by their positive energy.
After a while, they invited me to their compartment, opened some bags and offered one of their beers.
I am muslim. Not a good one. I know I have lots of sins. But, I am trying to do my best.
I try not to drink alcohol.
But they were so sincere that I didn't want to refuse them.
We returned to non-official smoking area.
I was so surprised when they told me that two of them had children! They were still kids! Look at the photo.
The conversations on the phone became clear :)
Then, I started to sing, Soviet Patriotic love song, "Katyusha".
Suddenly, in that small area, we all started to jump and sing at 4 o'clock of the morning :)
Obviously, the conductor woman, who sits on her small room just next to that section, came in hurry.
When she saw me with them, she was so surprised that she couldn't know what to say.
She probably had children. She was a mother!
Under her serious attitude towards those kids, I am sure, she had a strong respect and sympathy.
Without letting her to tell any word, I took her in middle of us and she also started to jump, dance and sing Katyusha :)

I believe, hugging tells a lot of things about someone.
I left the train earlier then them.
They hugged me in a manner that I can never forget!
I felt kids missing their parents. They just needed a father figure, who understands them.

On the rest of the way back to home, I thought all the time.
There are a lot of things to write. Maybe, I can write more about my observations about this conflict in future.
But I beleive, nothing can describe this situation better than Dire Straits :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhdFe3evXpk


Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Visual proofs of Hohha Dynamic XOR Encryption Algorithm